Your journey will begin in Samarkand. This great city once was a capital of Tamerlane's dynasty, even though Temur the Great was born in other city, called Shakhrisabz.
From Samarkand, you will take a border-crossing time and after - transfer to Seven Lakes. They represent the beauty and spirit of Tajikistan - seven beautiful lakes, lined up in a chain coming down from the mountain range. All of them have different colors - from indigo blue to almost transparent tone.
Next will be Penjikent - the most ancient city in whole Tajikistan. Some parts of it are being hugged by modern city and protected by UNESCO. It has many sightseeing objects interesting for tourists.
Khujand - Tajik check-point on the Silk Road map. Previously belonged to Bukhara's Emirate and Alexander the Great's dynasty territory under the name 'Sugd'.
From Khujand you will transfer to Tajik-Uzbek border and travel to Tashkent to take a flight home.
This tour is definitely worth it if you lack impressions & knowledge about ancient Central Asian countries and their history. Both Uzbekistan and Tajikistan have so much to show you during this 2-days itinerary from Samarkand.
- Transfer to Marguzor, the famous seven lakes - seven wonderful water mirrors full of mountain riverside drops. Each lake looks different whenever the sun changes its position. Colors may vary from deep blue to indie color ripple. Most of them are cold to swim even in summer. These lakes belong to Fann Mountains system.
On the western edge of the Fan Mountains in the valley of the river Shing there are seven lakes, six of them are dammed origin, beside the lake Hazorchashma. Lakes are called Marguzor, but each of the lakes has its own name:
- Located in the northern foothills of the Turkistan mountain range, 78 km southwest from Khudjand, Istaravshan is one of the most ancient cities of Tajikistan (more than 2500 years) ancient name Cyropolis founded by Cyrus the Great in 544 BC as a boarding fort of Achaemenid Empire.
During the Soviet era, the city was known as Ura-Tyube.
- Continue to Khujand, the second-largest city and one of the oldest cities in Tajikistan, the furthest point Alexander the Great reached in Central Asia, so the city was named Alexandria Eschate (Alexandria the Furthest). Sightseeing tour on arrival:
- Meals: Lunches and dinners, except those specified under “Tour Price Includes”;
- Personal travel/medical insurance, portage, tips, personal expenses, and other services not specified under “Tour Price Includes”.
Check-in 14.00, checkout time 11.00. No early check in, late check out are included, unless indicated.
• Please note that the drivers do not speak English or can speak only basic English.
• All the changes in the basic itinerary, timing for transfers depending the international flights departure/arrival time are to be discussed and pre-agreed with Tour Operator
• Train tickets are booked/bought as per the actual schedule and train tickets availability. Please note that the train trip/s MIGHT be replaced for transfer/s by car depending on train tickets availability and trains schedule.