Tour itinerary: Penjikent
Season: all the year round
Days: 1 | Nights: 0 One day tour to Penjikent city, to the place that was situated in the valley of the Zarafshan River
, 68 km from the city of Samarkand
and 320 kilometers from Khujand at an altitude of 900 meters above sea level. The city has many places of interest, architectural monuments, beautiful country parks on the bank of the Zarafshan River.
Meet the driver at the hotel in Samarkand.
09:00 Transfer to Uzbek - Tajik border “Jarteppa” (~50 km, 30 min).
Arrival Uzbek - Tajik border pass. Pass the border. Meet by Tajikistan staff and transfer to Penjikent.
Arrival and start the excursion program in Penjikent.
- Museum of Rudaki – As Penjikent is a birthplace of Abu-Abdallah Rudaki, considered by many to be the father of Persian Poetry. Before lunch, we'll visit the local bazaar and mosque.
Lunch in the local café.
- Ancient Penjikent - the ruins of the old Sogdian town founded in the 5th century and abandoned in the 8th century by Arabs. Foundations of houses, a citadel with a couple of Zoroastrian fire temples and city bazaar are visible in the excavated ruins
- Sarazm ruins - one of the ancient settlements in Central Asia with a 5500 - year civilization. In 2010 Sarazm was added to the list of Human Heritage by UNESCO.
In the evening transfer back to Tajik - Uzbek border pass.
Cross the border to Uzbekistan and meet the driver.
Transfer to Samarkand.
Arrival at the hotel.
End of the tour.
- All transfers as per program by comfortable tourist class transport as per road conditions including transfers to- from border;
- English-speaking local guides in Penjikent (1 standard excursions);
- Meals:lunch in local café (fixed menu, alcohol excluding);
- Single entry tickets to the sites, museums, mausoleums and nature fees as per program;
- Tourist tax per person.
- Photo/video fees (professional camera);
- Tajikistan e-visa (if required);
- Accommodation in Samarkand (can be added by request)
- Meals: breakfast and dinner, meals except those specified under “Tour Price Includes”;
- Personal travel/medical insurance, portage, tips, personal expenses and other services not specified under “Tour Price Includes”.