08:00 Meet up with our driver in your hotel and transfer to Uzbek - Tajik border “Jarteppa” (~50 km, 30 min).
09:00 Arrival Uzbek - Tajik border pass. Pass the border. Meet by Tajikistan staff and transfer to Penjikent.
Arrival and start the excursion program in Penjikent.
- Museum of Rudaki – As Penjikent is a birthplace of Abu-Abdallah Rudaki, considered by many to be the father of Persian Poetry. Before lunch, we'll visit the local bazaar and mosque.
Lunch in a traditional Chaikhana (tea room/tea house), for the lunch you will get a chance to taste plov (rice with meat and vegetables) cooked according to Penjikent recipe.
- Ancient Penjikent - the ruins of the old Sogdian town founded in the 5th century and abandoned in the 8th century by Arabs. Foundations of houses, a citadel with a couple of Zoroastrian fire temples and city bazaar are visible in the excavated ruins
- Sarazm ruins - one of the ancient settlements in Central Asia with a 5500 - year civilization. In 2010 Sarazm was added to the list of Human Heritage by UNESCO.
In the evening transfer back to Tajik - Uzbek border pass.
Cross the border to Uzbekistan and meet up with a driver and transfer back to Samarkand hotel.
- Meals: dinners, except those specified under “Tour Price Includes”;
- Personal travel/medical insurance, portage, tips, personal expenses and other services not specified under “Tour Price Includes”.
Check-in 14.00, checkout time 11.00. No early check in, late check out are included, unless indicated.
• Please note that the drivers do not speak English or can speak only basic English.
• All the changes in the basic itinerary, timing for transfers depending the international flights departure/arrival time are to be discussed and pre-agreed with Tour Operator
• Train tickets are booked/bought as per the actual schedule and train tickets availability. Please note that the train trip/s MIGHT be replaced for transfer/s by car depending on train tickets availability and trains schedule.