Tour itinerary: Dushanbe – Iskanderkul Lake – Penjikent – Istaravshan – Khudjand – Dushanbe
Season: all the year round
Days: 8 | Nights: 7
This land knows many great rulers: Alexander the Great, Chingizhan, Tamerlane and others. Let’s take special tour around Tadjikistan, visit ancient cities and settlements. You’ll also have opportunity to visit picturesque Iskanderkul Lake, live in bungalows and make good photos.
Meeting with a company representative who will provide a tour package, and you will have the opportunity to discuss the details of the program.
Transfer to the hotel.
14:00 Standard check-in
Meet with your guide. Start your tour.
The city tour includes visiting monument of Ismoili Somoni and Rudaki park and Highest Flagpole in the world (certificated by Guinness comity). We also visit Gurminj Museum situated in the private Museum of Tajik National Instruments. It’s possible to organize Tajik Folk concert at this area (by request).
During the tour program we also visit Shohmansur Bazaar and Victory Park, where you can enjoy panoramic view of Dushanbe.
Sightseeing tour in the countryside of Dushanbe. We’ll visit Hissar Fortress (27 km west of the city), the palace of Ibragimbek Khan. Many centuries ago there were a noisy market and caravansaries. Nowadays we can only visit the ruins of ex-palace complex (gate towers and one part of the wall).
Your city tour continues by visiting Tajikistan State Museum of Antiques and Ethnographic. The Museum includes natural history exhibits, Tajik costumes and a mock-up of Tajik house.
Drive to Penjikent along Fon-Dario valley and Aini city. It’s ancient Sogdian and Zoroastrian town and often is called as “Central Asian Pompeii”. We’ll visit Sarazm settlement dated the 4th -2nd millennia BC, mausoleum of the world-renowned poet Abu-Abdullo Rudaki.
- Accommodation in standard double /twin –shared rooms in hotels and guesthouses; - Meals: breakfast at the hotels, homemade/ camp-style meals in guesthouse (fixed menu, alcohol excluding meals); - All transfers as per program by comfortable tourist class transport as per terrain requires, transfers to-from airport; - English-speaking professional licensed escort guides in Tajikistan as per program; - Single entry tickets to the sites, museums, mausoleums and nature fees as per program; - Water 1 l pppd for long transfers; - Tourist tax per person.
- Meals: Lunches and dinners, except those specified under “Tour Price Includes”;
- Personal travel/medical insurance, portage, tips, personal expenses and other services not specified under “Tour Price Includes”.
Check-in 14.00, checkout time 11.00. No early check in, late check out are included, unless indicated.
• Please note that the drivers do not speak English or can speak only basic English.
• All the changes in the basic itinerary, timing for transfers depending the international flights departure/arrival time are to be discussed and pre-agreed with Tour Operator
• Train tickets are booked/bought as per the actual schedule and train tickets availability. Please note that the train trip/s MIGHT be replaced for transfer/s by car depending on train tickets availability and trains schedule.