07:00 Meet up with our driver in your hotel and transfer to Uzbek - Tajik border (~100 km)
08:30 Arrival to "Oybek" border pass. Pass the border. Meet up with our Tajikistan staff and transfer to Khudjand (70km, 1h.) – center of Sugd region of Northern Tajikistan.
Khudjand was the furthest point Alexander the Great reached in Central Asia, the city was named Alexandria Eschate (Alexandria the Farthest), the city became one of the important entrepots on the great Silk Road.
- Panjshanbe bazaar(Khujand’s central market that has many stores offering different kind of goods and services. The name Panjshanbe comes from Persian language meaning “Thursday”. Panjshanbe is considered as one of the oldest markets in Tajikistan. The Silk Road which passes Khujand city, had always made Panjshanbe to be crowded with traders and tourists).
- Arbob Palace(Arbob palace had its particular significance in 1992, when it was the place for the meeting of the Tajik Soviet ministers which officially declared independence from the Soviet Union. Also, it was the site where the Tajik flag was chosen).
Lunch at the local restaurant.
In the evening we will transfer back to Tajik - Uzbek border pass.
- Other services not specified under “Tour price includes.
Check-in 14.00, checkout time 11.00. No early check in, late check out are included, unless indicated.
• Please note that the drivers do not speak English or can speak only basic English.
• All the changes in the basic itinerary, timing for transfers depending the international flights departure/arrival time are to be discussed and pre-agreed with Tour Operator
• Train tickets are booked/bought as per the actual schedule and train tickets availability. Please note that the train trip/s MIGHT be replaced for transfer/s by car depending on train tickets availability and trains schedule.