Tour itinerary: Dushanbe – Norak – Kalai Khum – Khorog – Yamg – Yashil Kul Lake – Bulunkul Lake - Khorog – Kalai Khum – Khoburubot – Dushanbe
Season: all the year
Days: 9 | Nights: 8
According to the program you have 2 nights with homestay. It means that you will stay with the local people. Please note that the houses were not built for tourists. Usually it has 3 or 4 rooms and there aren't beds (they provide only mattresses with pillows). Toilet and shower is available only in the garden.
One room is for 3-4 tourists. Single supplement is available only in hotels and guesthouses during the tour. But it's possible to arrange single room in home stay if you pay for 4 beds (1 bed costs 15$).
Meeting with a company representative who will provide a tour package, and you will have the opportunity to discuss the details of the program.
Start city tour with:
- Visiting Rudake Park - better is known as Rudaki and also known as "Adam of Poets", was a Persian poet regarded as the first great literary genius of the Modern Persian language.
- National Library - The National Library of Tajikistan was officially opened in 2012. A nine-story building with a total space of 45.000m² and containing approximately 10 million books is the largest library in Central Asia.
Drive to Kalai Khum village where you can see Norak water reservoir that is called the Tajik Sea. The highest point of the day is Shuraba pass (2 267 m) and after a drive along Afghanistan border starts. This part of Tajikistan is very beautiful and will impress you by its unique mountains of the famous Pamir Mountains. It’s always called the ocean of white and blue mountains.
Drive to Khorog, the beautiful tiny city surrounded by the Rocky Mountains from all sides. En-route you will meet Pamir people. They are different people from Tajik people, have fair skin, blonde hair, and blue eyes. Isolation from other regions by mountain ranges made the traditions of local people different from Tajik people.
Drive to Khorog along Pamir Highway (the second-highest mountain road after highway of Tibet – more than 4000 m). Here you can meet wild rare animals like a grizzly bear, tiger-cat, red wolves, Turkestan rat, snow leopard, and others.
Drive to Kalai Khum, the area of high Rocky Mountains (more than 6 000 m.). It’s a unique opportunity to get more about the everyday life of local people. Stop in some small villages to communicate with local people. There’re Afgan villages on the other side of the river.
Drive to Dushanbe over high Khoburubot Pass (3 252) known as Western Pamir Tract. This part of the country is very beautiful. You will see the picturesque river valley, high mountains, and rivers. At any place, you can stop to make beautiful pictures.
- Accommodation in standard double /twin –shared rooms in hotels and guesthouses; - Meals: breakfast at the hotels, homemade/ camp-style meals in guesthouse (fixed menu, alcohol excluding meals); - All transfers as per program by comfortable tourist class transport /SUV as per terrain requires, transfers to-from airport; - English-speaking professional licensed escort guides in Tajikistan as per program; - Single entry tickets to the sites, museums, mausoleums and nature fees as per program; - Water 1 l pppd for long transfers;
- Meals: Lunches and dinners, except those specified under “Tour Price Includes”;
- Personal travel/medical insurance, portage, tips, personal expenses, and other services not specified under “Tour Price Includes”.
Check-in 14.00, checkout time 11.00. No early check in, late check out are included, unless indicated.
• Please note that the drivers do not speak English or can speak only basic English.
• All the changes in the basic itinerary, timing for transfers depending the international flights departure/arrival time are to be discussed and pre-agreed with Tour Operator
• Train tickets are booked/bought as per the actual schedule and train tickets availability. Please note that the train trip/s MIGHT be replaced for transfer/s by car depending on train tickets availability and trains schedule.