Come out of the terminal and meet the driver and guide holding a sign “ANUR TOUR” or with your name on it.
Transfer to the hotel to drop off the bags. Standard check-in (14:00).
Start Dushanbe sightseeing tour visiting:
- Tajik National Museum of Antiquities with the biggest Buddha in Nirvana.
The Museum consists of 22 exhibition halls with departments of nature, antiquity and the Middle Ages, modern history, fine and applied arts.
- Tajik flagpole-one of the World tallest flagpoles (165-meter flagpole);
- Main square of Dushanbe. The Monument of Ismoili Somoni- the forefather of Tajik Nation located on the main square. A 40-meter-high monument built to the memory of Ismaili Saman-Khuda, founder of the Samanid dynasty;
- Mehrgon Bazaar - one of the biggest markets of Dushanbe;
- Gissar Fortress- the remains of the Bukhara Emirate Beck’s palace. Its thick walls once guarded a pool, garden, and palace, while the fortress itself opposed a noisy market and caravanserai. The place was famous for its center of commerce during the Silk Road. You will also be able to visit the Old Madrassa (Madrasai Kuhna) of the 16-17th century with a museum inside, the new Madrassa of the 17-18th century as well as Caravan Saray.
Transfer to the hotel.
Resting time in the evening. Overnight at the hotel.
09:00 Transfer to Kalai Khum village (337 km) with sightseeing en-route:
- Norak water reservoir, that locals called as Tajik Sea.
The highest point of the day trip is Shurab pass (2 267 m), that lies along but not crossing the Afghanistan border. This part of Tajikistan is very beautiful, the mountain range is really impressive - these are the famous Pamir Mountains.
One can compare the sights around like the ocean of white and blue mountains.
Transfer to Yashil Kul Lake and Bulunkul lake (170 km, 6 hours).
Bulunkul Lakeconnected with nearby Yashil kul lake, translated as “blue lake”, is a very interesting lake in Murghab district via Khargush pass (4 344 m). The lake color changes from violet to dark-blue in the sunlight.
The rural life is quite interesting - one can see yaks in surroundings, a unique species of domestic animals.
Transfer to Khorog (180 km, 5 hours) along Pamir Highway, the second-highest mountain road after highway of Tibet – more than 4000 m.
Rich fauna in the mountains attract naturalists. High mountain paths afar from the towns is an ideal areal with natural conditions for wild rare animals like tiger-cat, red wolves, Turkestan rat, snow leopard, and others.
- Meals: lunches and dinners, except those specified under “Tour Price Includes”;
- Personal travel/medical insurance, portage, tips, personal expenses and other services not specified under “Tour Price Includes”.
Check-in 14.00, checkout time 11.00. No early check in, late check out are included, unless indicated.
• Please note that the drivers do not speak English or can speak only basic English.
• All the changes in the basic itinerary, timing for transfers depending the international flights departure/arrival time are to be discussed and pre-agreed with Tour Operator
• Train tickets are booked/bought as per the actual schedule and train tickets availability. Please note that the train trip/s MIGHT be replaced for transfer/s by car depending on train tickets availability and trains schedule.