Tour itinerary: Dushanbe – Norak – Kalai Khum – Khoburubot – Dushanbe – Iskandarkul Lake – Dushanabe
Season: all the year
Days: 6 | Nights: 5
According to the program you have 2 nights with homestay. It means that you will stay with the local people. Please note that the houses were not built for tourists. Usually, it has 3 or 4 rooms and there aren't beds (they provide only mattresses with pillows). Toilet and shower are available only in the garden.
One room is for 3-4 tourists. Single supplement is available only in hotels and guesthouses during the tour. But it's possible to arrange a single room in homestay if you pay for 4 beds (1 bed costs 15$).
Your driver will meet you holding a sign 'YOUR NAME'. Transfer to the hotel.
Meeting with a company representative who will provide a tour package, and you will have the opportunity to discuss the details of the program.
14:00 Standard check-in.
Start city tour with:
- Visiting Rudake Park - better is known as Rudaki and also known as "Adam of Poets", was a Persian poet regarded as the first great literary genius of the Modern Persian language.
- National Library - The National Library of Tajikistan was officially opened in 2012. A nine-story building with a total space of 45.000 m² and containing approximately 10 million books is the largest library in Central Asia.
Drive to Kalai Khum village where you can see Norak water reservoir that is called Tajik Sea. The highest point of the day is Shuraba pass (2 267 m) and after a drive along Afghanistan border starts. This part of Tajikistan is very beautiful and will impress you by its unique mountains of the famous Pamir Mountains. It’s always called the ocean of white and blue mountains.
Drive to Dushanbe over high Khoburubot Pass (3 252) known as Western Pamir Tract. The road goes through the most picturesque river valley and amazing gorges in the terrain, where you can stop for rest and make beautiful photos.
Our road will pass through small villages where you can meet local people. Tajiks are very hospitable, kind-hearted and hard-working people by nature. They truly love and respect their customs and traditions.
Drive back to Dushanbe via Anzob pass and tunnel of Istiqlol. The road will go over mountain passes and you will have many photo stops.
P.M. visit Hissar fortress (VII- XVII centuries) that used to be the residence of the delegate of the Emir of Bukhara. It was located on a high hill and was well defended with 1 m thick walls and loopholes for guns and cannons. Inside there was a pool and a garden and across from the fortress, there was a busy market square with a caravanserai and shops.
A visit to “Madrasa I Kuhna” (new school of 16th-17th centuries), mosque; the mausoleum of “Mahdumi Azam” (16th century).
- Accommodation in standard double /twin–shared rooms in hotels and guesthouses; - Meals: breakfast at the hotels, homemade/ camp-style meals in guesthouse (fixed menu, alcohol excluding meals); - All transfers as per program by comfortable tourist class transport as per terrain requires, transfers to-from airport; - English-speaking professional licensed escort guides in Tajikistan as per program; - Single entry tickets to the sites, museums, mausoleums and nature fees as per program; - Water 1 l pppd for long transfers;
- Meals: Lunches and dinners, except those specified under “Tour Price Includes”;
- Personal travel/medical insurance, portage, tips, personal expenses and other services not specified under “Tour Price Includes”.
Check-in 14.00, checkout time 11.00. No early check in, late check out are included, unless indicated.
• Please note that the drivers do not speak English or can speak only basic English.
• All the changes in the basic itinerary, timing for transfers depending the international flights departure/arrival time are to be discussed and pre-agreed with Tour Operator
• Train tickets are booked/bought as per the actual schedule and train tickets availability. Please note that the train trip/s MIGHT be replaced for transfer/s by car depending on train tickets availability and trains schedule.