Tour itinerary: Samarkand – Seven Lakes – Penjikent – Samarkand
Season: all the year round
Days: 2 | Nights: 1
09:00 Transfer to border Jartepa. Border crossing (it usually takes 30 min- 1 hr).
Meet the guide and driver at Tajikistan part of the border.
Start an excursion to Marguzor lakes in Fann Mountains.
- Transfer to Marguzor, the famous seven lakes - seven wonderful water mirrors full of mountain riverside drops. Each lake looks different whenever the sun changes its position. Colors may vary from deep blue to indie color ripple. Most of them are cold to swim even in summer. These lakes belong to Fann Mountains system.
On the western edge of the Fan Mountains in the valley of the river Shing there are seven lakes, six of them are dammed origin, beside the lake Hazorchashma. Lakes are called Marguzor, but each of the lakes has its own name:
1. Nezhigon (other references Mizhgon),
The difference in level between the upper and lower lake - 692 meters.
Easy hike at the lakes.
Transfer to Penjikent hotel.
Resting time in the evening.
Overnight at the hotel.
Breakfast at the hotel.
09:00 Start sightseeing tour in Penjikent visiting :
- Ancient Penjikent - the ruins of the old Sogdian town founded in the 5th century and abandoned in the 8th century by Arabs. The ruins were once a citadel with a couple of Zoroastrian fire temples, foundation of the houses.
- The Sarazm Important Bird Area (UNESCO World Heritage) lies downstream of the city on the tugay-vegetated floodplain of the river;
- Museum of Rudaki (Penjikent is a birthplace of Abu-Abdallah Rudaki,
considered as the forefather of Persian Poetry with a hall devoted to the Rudaki, well-preserved frescoes of ancient Sarazm.
Afternoon border crossing BP Jartepa to Uzbekistan (takes about 30 min-1 hr), meet the driver at Uzbekistan side of the border.
Transfer to Samarkand hotel.
End of the tour.
- Accommodation in standard twin- shared rooms in hotels;
- Tourist tax in the hotels per person;
- Meals: breakfasts in hotels;
- All transfers as per program by comfortable tourist class transport as per road conditions including transfers to borders;
- English-speaking professional licensed local guides in Tajikistan(1 standard excursion);
- Single entry tickets to the sites, museums, mausoleums and nature fees as per program;
- Photo/video fees (professional camera);
- E-visa Tajikistan e-visa;
- Meals: Lunches and dinners, except those specified under “Tour Price Includes”;
- Personal travel/medical insurance, portage, tips, personal expenses, and other services not specified under “Tour Price Includes”.