Tour itinerary: Dushanbe – Iskanderkul – Penjikent – Marguzor – Samarkand
Season: Spring – Summer – Fall
Days: 3 | Nights: 2
Meet the guide at the hotel in Dushanbe.
09:00 Transfer to Iskanderkul lake (130 km ~ 3 hours) over Anzob pass (2900 m) and Anzob tunnel,en-route enjoying the stunning nature scenery of green, sometimes barren rocks rushing mountain streams and steep rock faces.
Start driving to Iskanderkul lake (130 km ~ 3 hours), a real pearl of Fan mountains located at an altitude of 2 100 meters above sea level. There are beautiful legends, interesting stories about Alexander the Great. Explore surroundings: visiting Snake Lake (Ko'li Mor) that is famous for its clear waters. Walk along the lake. Visit waterfall "Fan Niagara" (height 38 meters) situated 800 m below the Iskandar river where one can take panoramic pictures.
Resting time in the evening.
Overnight in guesthouse.
Breakfast at the guesthouse.
09;00 Transfer to Penjikent.
Start sightseeing tour in Penjikent visiting:
-The Sarazm Important Bird Area (UNESCO World Heritage) lies downstream of the city on the tugay-vegetated floodplain of the river.
-The archaeological site of the ruins of old Penjikent - a walled inter-city (2500-years ago) that was a Sogdian trading city on the Silk Road.
- Museum of Rudaki. Penjikent is a birthplace of Abu-Abdallah Rudaki, considered as the forefather of Persian Poetry with a hall devoted to Rudaki, well-preserved frescoes of ancient Sarazm.
Transfer to the hotel.
Resting time in the evening. Overnight at the hotel.
Breakfast at the hotel.
Transfer to Marguzor, the famous seven lakes - seven wonderful water mirrors full of mountain riverside drops. Each lake looks different whenever the sun changes its position. Colors may vary from deep blue to indie color ripple. Most of them are cold to swim even in summer. These lakes belong to Fann Mountains system.
On the western edge of the Fan Mountains in the valley of the river Shing there are seven lakes, six of them are dammed origin, except the lake Hazorchashma.
Lakes are called Marguzor, but each lake has its own name: Nezhigon (other references Mizhgon), Soybean, Gushor, Nofin, Hurdak, Marguzor, Hazorchashma. The difference in level between the upper and lower lake - 692 meters.
Afternoon border crossing BP Jartepa to Uzbekistan (takes about 30 min-1 hr), meet the driver at Uzbekistan side of the border.
Transfer to Samarkand.
Arrival in the hotel in Samarkand.
End of the tour.
- Accommodation in standard double/twin rooms in Penjikent; shared rooms in guesthouse in Iskanderkul;
- All transfers as per program by comfortable tourist class transport as per road conditions including transfers to-from the border;
- English-speaking escorting guide in Tajikistan;
- Meals: breakfasts at the hotels; breakfast and dinner at guesthouse in Iskanderkul (fixed menu, alcohol excluding);
- Single entry tickets to the sites, museums, mausoleums as per program;
- Tourist tax per person.
- International flights;
- Accommodation in Dushanbe and Samarkand (can be added by request);
- Photo/video fees (professional camera);
- E-visa to Uzbekistan; Tajikistan e-visa (if required);
- Meals: lunches and dinners, except those specified under “Tour Price Includes”;
- Personal travel/medical insurance, portage, tips, personal expenses and other services not specified under “Tour Price Includes”.
- Personal travel/medical insurance, portage, tips, personal expenses, and other services not specified under “Tour Price Includes”.
|Cities ||Standard ||Comfort |
| || || |
|Iskandarkul ||cottage ||cottage |
|Penjikent ||Sughd ||Sughd |
| || || |